Thursday, June 14, 2012

Up next


My next project is McCalls 3495, dating from about 1973 I believe. I am making view B, second from the left.  Lynne has picked a cute retro-y fabric, but I am making it up first is some striped material I got at Value Village at the 50% off sale.  There may be as many as six or seven yards on this bolt and I got it for $7.49, so a great price for practice fabric


Because the pattern we have is an 11 junior and Lynne is NOT a junior I am making my first experiment with slash and pivot pattern alteration.
 
I am making it slightly wider through bust and hips.  That and the generous design ease will be sufficient, I hope.

The other interesting wrinkle is that the written instructions are missing.  I feel fairly confident that I know what order to do things, but it is slightly out of my comfort zone. 

No comments: