Thursday, May 31, 2012

Folkwear 106 (Turkish Coat) - Part 2

Cut out parts of the toile and tried them on Heather today.  I will have to upsize it some and she will have to order some additional silk for the borders. 

However I had no difficulties getting the side panels,  gussets and sleeves to fit, so I have no idea what problem the other pattern reviewer was having.

It is awkward working with a pattern that only uses one layer of fabric.  I am so used to fabric being folded when I cut out.  I had the back cut out and when to cut out the front when I realized I had cut TWO backs and could use one of them for the front (as they are the same size and shape (except for the neck).  Glad I realized it before I got too far. 

Now need to completely sew together the outer layer (no lining) and try it again for fit.  Hope I have included enough ease for it to be used as a coat.

No comments: