Thursday, May 31, 2012

T-shirt skirt

Lynne is going to a Rocket Summer concert.  She had an old RS T-shirt, but didn't want to wear it as a shirt as there were bleach spots, stains, etc.  She decided I should make a T-shirt skirt.  Now, making things out of knit and with no pattern is definitely out of my comfort zone, but Abigail didn't really want to take it on.  So off I went.

I even did a toile from an even more unwanted T-shirt!  I needed to taper it even more- the waist is still a bit too big, while being pretty tight around the hips (the tightness is okay, and she covered up the looseness by wearing a belt).

I used a stretch smocking stitch to attach the design from the old T-shirt to the new skirt.  It only took me a few hours and I think it turned out pretty cute.

Here is the front view.

This is the black separating zipper - which I just happened to have in my fastenings drawer!

Here is the design from the original T-shirt.

No comments: